The University acknowledges and appreciates the continued strong support from York Region residents, current and future students, the business community and the many community groups and government partners who share York University’s vision that a new Markham Centre Campus is essential, valuable and beneficial for the entire community.
York University is able to realize its bold vision of building the new Markham Centre Campus thanks to generous in-kind and financial contributions from York Region, the City of Markham. Donor contributions are also instrumental in realizing this bold vision. The university continues to engage the community to support one of our top priorities for Impact: The Campaign for York University.
The University has also established strong public and private sector partnerships to allow us to take advantage of existing infrastructure and facilities in Markham Centre to enhance the campus experience and student life.
Once open, the Markham Centre Campus will provide opportunities for the private sector to invest in and develop student support services including student housing and retail and food services.
Academic and Research Programs
York's Markham Centre Campus will offer students:
- The opportunity to enjoy a small-campus setting, with the ability to take advantage of York University’s impressive academic and research strengths;
- Unique flexible learning opportunities, with enhanced teaching and learning approaches and facilities;
- Competitive, professionally relevant, industry focused undergraduate academic programs, centred on:
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Media and Communications
- Engineering and Technology to help meet the emerging future labour market needs of York Region and Ontario
- Experiential education opportunities for every student, designed with community partners and employers in York Region.